Best putting mats
One of the most essential things a golfer needs to be good at is putting. That is what makes a golfer a great player. But nothing is achieved without practice, don’t you agree. Every skill you have is better improved as long as you practice long enough. It goes the same with putting. While you cannot be on the golf course all the time to practice that skill, you can always get yourself the best putting mat you can find.
A putting mat is like a carpet, but it has features that make it resemble a golf course. It can be used in many ways, providing both fun and practice capabilities. I am sure that if you are a golf enthusiast, you want one.
Why you should buy a putting mat?
A putting mat has many uses, for fun and practical reasons. Golfers usually use it to practice, but the item is not destined to professional players only. Anyone can buy one, no matter the skill level. After all, it is a means of entertainment. So how it can benefit you?
- You can practice your putting – this is the obvious reason why people purchase a putting The action of putting itself is very important in golf, and usually, it requires the most practice. You need to determine speed and force so that you can put that ball in the hole every time. And that is not an easy skill to learn. It requires patience and flawless motor functions. While there are interactive games that can help you develop or improve this skill, a putting mat will always be more suitable. After all, it reproduces the environment as best as possible.
- You can use it when you are stressed – you know why you see people in movies that play golf in their offices? They are actually putting, and it is a method to de-stress. If you need to blow some steam, or you need to do some thinking, but you are at the office, a putting mat can help with that. It works for a lot of people, and chances are it will work for you as well.
- Fun competitions at the office – I have seen people collecting money at the office and buying a putting mat. They use it during breaks to have some fun. It is a great way to lighten up the atmosphere at the office, and you can just relax for half an hour.
- You can use it at home – not all models are designed to be used indoors, so if you want, you can buy an outdoor putting mat and put it in your backyard. It can help you relax at home or have friends over for a barbecue and putting
- Putting mats are easy to set up – since a putting mat looks like a carpet, you can just roll it, and that is that. After you use it, you roll it back up and put it in a closet. It does not occupy much space.
How to choose the best putting mat
When you go online, chances are that you are going to see hundreds of models. How can you possibly choose just one? It is not like you can pick one randomly. There are two ways to make the best decision. One is reading putting mats reviews online. That way you can see what other people bought and what they think about the products they purchased. It is a safe way to do things. However, experiences may differ depending on the skill levels and preferences, which is why you may not make the best choice.
The second way is to look at several products online and choose one using a set of criteria. That way, the choice is more custom, so to speak. With that in mind, here are some criteria that apply to the general users. It may help.
- Type of putting mat – before you buy a product, the first thing you need to do is determine whether you want to use the mat indoors or outdoors. That should lower the number of options. That should not be hard. After all, it is you who knows where you want to practice your putting. Do you want to practice for your golf sessions, or do you simply want to relax?
- Size – depending on where you want to place the putting green mat, you need to choose a size. The market is full of different sized putting mats, and you have here to choose from. If you want one for indoors, do not forget to measure before you buy. You need to make sure that the mat will fit into your space.
- Shape – not all putting mats have the same shape. Some are kidney-shaped, while others are rectangular. Some are round, and others are oval. The point is that the shape can differ. Again, think of the place where you can put the mat. Also, you need to determine the skills you want to practice. Not all of them can be exercised on the same type of mat.
- Type of turf – while a putting mat resembles the texture of a carpet, you need to choose one that can reproduce as closely as possible the texture of the golf course. It will improve your game for sure. However, if you are buying the mat just for relaxing in the office but you do not play actual golf, this aspect does not really matter.
- Non-skid back surface – this is an important feature that provides stability and precision. As long as the mat does not slip, you will feel more stable. Thus your shots will be more precise. It also gives you the opportunity to control the speed of your ball.
- Easy cleaning – since you are literally stepping on the putting mat, you need to be able to clean it easily. Look for a durable surface that allows easy maintenance.
- Durability – the putting mat you need must not be thin enough to form wrinkles or creases. I think that the reason why is self-explanatory. A putting mat that is poorly made and develops wrinkles during usage is basically useless.
I believe that the list contains the most commonly used criteria. You can add to the list if you want. You can also cross budget as a criterion, or anything else that may help you make the right decision. The ball is in your court now.
What are the best putting mats?
Since you have all the required information to make the right decision, you should be able to choose the best putting mat for you. However, if you do not want to bother with all that searching, you can just buy one of the putting mats presented below. They are all excellent products, and at least one will satisfy your needs.
Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green
The putting mat from Putt-A-Bout is one of the first products in this category that caught my eye. It is a very popular product among golfers, professionals or otherwise. You do not need a high level of skill to use, and if anything, it will help you improve your putting techniques. It is an indoor putting mat that you can put on whatever surface you want. The non-skid backing will hold the putting green in place so that you can perform a precise shot.
This indoor putting green is made of PET resin, which makes it durable enough for you to enjoy it for a long time. Because it has a desirable thickness, it will not form wrinkles or creases when you play. The surface will maintain its smoothness. Not even in storage will it change its shape. As for shape, this is a kidney-shaped practice putting green.
The Putt-A-Bout putting green measures 3 by 9 feet. It is not too big so that you can use it in your office, but not too small so that it loses its function. It features built-in sand trap cutouts that catch your missing shots and 3 practice cup cutouts. Other people who have bought it gave it excellent reviews, and I am sure that you will find it most useful as well. Whether you want it to exercise your putting or an easy way to blow of some steam, the Putt-A-Bout putting mat will help you achieve that.
SKLZ Accelerator Pro Indoor Putting Green with Ball Return
The SKLZ putting mat is quite different from the previous product. It has a rectangular shape that measures 9 feet by 16.25 inches. Since it is designed for indoor use, the small width may come in handy. You can place it in a hall when you want to use it. Since it is a premium mat, the true-roll surface simulates the real green conditions exceptionally. Plus, you have similar stimp reading as when you are on the golf course.
One of the features that I am sure you are going to like about this putting green is the ball return function. The end is on a higher level and reproduces an upslope, and when you make the shot, the canal will return your ball. That way you can train without interruption. You do not have to go retrieve the ball after every shot. Just leave it come to you.
This putting mat also presents with alignment guides at 3, 5, and 7 feet. That provides confidence and consistency in every aspect of your putting techniques (squaring the face, backswings, and follow through.) As for the rest, the mat is easy to roll and put in storage, it is portable, and it is effortless to clean.
ProActive Sports VariSpeed Putting System
Last but not least, this is yet another putting green that may spike your interest. It is made of 100% polyester, and it is highly durable. The ideal thickness does not allow for wrinkles and creases to form, even if it spends much time in storage. I am sure that you, same as everybody else, appreciates that.
One of the best things about this putting green is that you can practice shots at different speeds. You can choose from 4 stimp tested speeds that range from 7.5 to 13 on one mat. We all know what role speed plays, which is why it is always good to learn how to control it. The visible ball traces will help you evaluate every putt because you will see the exact path the ball is taking.
The ProActive Sports putting green measures 10 feet by 20 inches. It is easy to roll up for quick and convenient storage. It is portable, just in case you want to take it with you at the office. The custom breaks with the included adjustable break wedge can help you simulate real golfing conditions. The smart guidelines will enable you to perfect your putt, and the booklet you get with the mat covers pro training exercises, as well as multiple gun games you can play with your friends.
While a tough choice, I think I am going to go with the ProActive Sports VariSpeed Putting System. It allows you to practice your putting, but it comes with other useful features as well. It seems to me that this product provides more than the other two. That is why I think it is one of the best putting mats in this price range.
While putting has multiple purposes, do not forget to have some fun. After all, that is why sports were invented. Just because people are competitive, it does not mean you have to forget to enjoy yourself. One of the putting mats above will help you have a good time whether you are alone or with company. Click here to buy on Amazon
- A History of Putting Mat Refuted
- Artificial Golf Green Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- Definitions of Putting Green Backyard
- Best Indoor Putting Mat Features
- Sensitive Facts on Portable Putting Green That Only the Pros Know About
- The History of Best Indoor Putting Green Refuted
- What Golf Putting Greens Is – and What it Is Not
- Choosing Backyard Putting Green
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Best Putters?
- Key Pieces of Putting Turf
- Top Outdoor Putting Green Kits Tips!
- Here’s What I Know About Indoor Putting
- Putting Greens for Home Can Be Fun for Everyone
- Hidden Answers to Putting Green Carpet Disclosed
- The Most Popular Golf Putting Green
- Top Office Putting Green Secrets
- Where to Find Synthetic Putting Greens
- Private Information on Backyard Putting Greens That Only the Pros Know Exist
- Vital Pieces of Putting Green Indoor
- Why Everyone Is Dead Wrong About Artificial Putting Greens
- New Questions About Practice Putting Green Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- New Ideas Into Indoor Putting Greens Never Before Revealed
- The Downside Risk of Putting Green Grass That No One Is Talking About
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Putting Practice Mat Before You’re Left Behind
- The Secret Truth About Outdoor Putting Green Exposed
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Golf Putting Mat and What You Should Do Today
- Top Home Putting Green Secrets
- The Argument About Indoor Putting Mats
- How to Choose Artificial Putting Green
- The Appeal of Golf Practice Mats
- Top Putting Green Turf Choices
- Top Guide of Putting Greens
- Most Noticeable Synthetic Grass
- The Hidden Treasure of Indoor Putting Green
- Uncommon Article Gives You the Facts on Putting Green That Only a Few People Know Exist